Monday, December 15, 2014

Grand Illusion part 3

This one was a bit easier...I just finished a postage stamp quilt top last month. 

I tried to do a little math to figure out how many strips of each color I would need.  At least I'm sure to not have cut too many, I can always cut a few more if needed.

I probably should have put more thought into sewing my strips together...hopefully in the end it will have enough variety to look very scrappy. 

These are the first few blocks I completed before we had to go off to celebrate Christmas with Jim's family.  I was able to complete about 50 more when we got home, so I still have homework left for the I've got some embroidery work to do to make Christmas gifts for my's just never ending!